> Please participate in Bangla wikipedia, বাংলা উইকিপিডিয়াতে যোগদা
Ragib Hasan
post Jul 20 2006, 03:10 AM
Post #1

New in OmicronLab Forum

Group: +Member
Member No.: 6,533

বন্ধুগণ,
শুরুতেই অভ্র কীবোর্ডের ডেভেলপারদেরকে ধন্যবাদ দিচ্ছি। আপনাদের এই কীবোর্ড বাংলা উইকিপিডিয়াতে আমার ও অন্য অনেক ব্যবহারকারীর সম্পাদনায় বিশাল ভূমিকা রেখেছে। ফোনেটিক বাংলা লেখার ব্যবস্থা না থাকলে কীবোর্ড লেআউট মুখস্ত করার ভয়ে অনেকেই বাংলা লিখতে চাইতেন না। আমি বাংলা উইকিপিডিয়াতে অভ্র ব্যবহার করার জন্যই উইন্ডোজ প্ল্যাটফর্মের ব্যবহারকারীদেরকে সুপারিশ করে থাকি।

যাহোক, নীচের ইমেইলটি এখানে পোস্ট করছি (হয়তোবা কেউ কেউ অন্য ফোরাম থেকে এটা পেয়ে থাকতে পারেন, সেক্ষেত্রে আগেই মাফ চেয়ে নিচ্ছি ডুপ্লিকেট পোস্ট হওয়ার জন্য)।

বাংলা আমাদের মাতৃভাষা, পৃথিবীর ২২ কোটি লোকের মুখের ভাষা। বাংলা ভাষাকে, আমাদের ইতিহাস, ঐতিহ্যকে বাঁচিয়ে রাখতে হবে আমাদেরকেই। আর বাংলা ভাষায় পৃথিবীর সব জ্ঞানকে অনুবাদ করে নেয়াটাও অপরিহার্য। ইউনিকোড ভিত্তিক উইকিপিডিয়া পৃথিবীর বৃহত্তম বিশ্বকোষ। ইংরেজিতে রয়েছে ১২ লাখ নিবন্ধ। বাংলাতে আমরা এখন পর্যন্ত ৩৩০০ নিবন্ধ লিখেছি, প্রতিদিনই যোগ হচ্ছে কিছু না কিছু।

উইকি-বিশ্বকোষে লিখতে হলে আপনার লাগবে কেবল বাংলা ইউনিকোডে লেখার ব্যবস্থা ... অভ্র যারা ব্যবহার করছেন, তাঁরা তো এখনই সম্পূর্ন প্রস্তুত এর জন্য। বিশেষজ্ঞ হতে হবে এমন কথা নাই। শুধু নিয়ম কানুন মেনে চলে লেখা শুরু করে দিন। নীচের ইংরেজি পোস্টের মধ্যে একটা সহায়িকার লিঙ্ক দেয়া আছে, সেটা দেখে নিতে পারেন।

আমাদের দেশ আমাদেরকে অনেক কিছু দিয়েছে। আসুন, আমরা আমাদের দেশকে কিছু ফিরিয়ে দেই, আমাদের ভবিষ্যত প্রজন্মকে বাংলাতে জ্ঞানের ভান্ডার উপহার দেই।

ধন্যবাদ।

--
রাগিব হাসান
বাংলা উইকিপিডিয়ার একজন প্রশাসক

-----------------------------------------

Hi Everyone,
Recently, Bangla wikipedia (http://bn.wikipedia.org )has received a lot of media attention in Bangladesh. For those who are not familiar with it, Wikipedia is currently world's largest encyclopedia. The English language version (http://en.wikipedia.org ) alone contains more than 1.2 million articles, 10 other languages (German, Polish, French, Spanish etc...) have 100,000+ articles.

Bangla wikipedia is, quite unfortunately, not that much developed. However, a campaign to bring more people there was started last March by Bangladesh Open Source Network (BDOSN). Since March 30, we have been able to increase the number of articles from 550 to 3200.

Right now, 20 or so volunteers from all across the world are working on Bangla wikipedia, many others are signed up for the mailing list (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bangla_wiki ).

Now, this letter is an open letter to all Bengali speaking people ... please participate in the project. Remember, the people of Bangladesh have funded the education of many of us ... it is our duty to give something back to the nation. Also, we need to preserve our language, culture, heritage etc. An open source, open content encyclopedia is the best way to do that.

To give you an example, many of you have enjoyed "Hajir Biriyani" of old Dhaka. Definitely, it is a
part of the history of Dhaka, or Old Dhaka. But how would you let the next generation know about that, or perhaps the sweet "Bakharkhani" of old Dhaka? Paper encyclopedias like Britannica will not bother to write about such local issues.

Next, how would the next generation know of our nation's history? How would they know of Titumir, Bagha Jatin, Surya Sen, Prafulla Chaki? (ALL of them, except Titumir, were born in what is now Bangladesh)

We also lack good encyclopedias in Bangla. Of course, there is the 3 year old Banglapedia, but buying it is not an option affordable by all. Also, you can't really update a print encyclopedia, so within 3 years, they become stale.

Many other small languages have a large number of articles. We have 220 million Bengali speakers, but Bangla wikipedia has only 3300 articles, whereas the he Macedonian Wikipedia has reached 7,000 articles. (2 million speakers ONLY).

Many of us have very detailed knowledge about our own professions. Many of us are students or researchers working on advanced areas. If you keep your knowledge to yourself, fine ... but if you donate it by writing an entry or enhancing one, your knowledge will be multiplied and shared with thousands of other Bangla speaking people. For example, people who are doctors
can write about human biology, engineers can write about technical things ... actually anyone can write about anything they want.

So, please join the effort. You can do it by:

1. Create an account in Bangla wikipedia's sign up
page (http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Userlogin )

2. Join the discussion group
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bangla_wiki )

3. To know about basic editing, check out a simple
tutorial at http://www.ragibhasan.com/wikipedia )

4. Go ahead and start editing.

By the way, we also urgently need photos of Bangladesh, Dhaka etc. Many of you may have photos taken around BD, if you want to upload them to wikipedia, please send me an email. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BUET to see how some of the photos I received from BUET students have been used there.

Let's create an ocean of knowledge in our mother language: Bangla.

Thanks

Ragib
CSE / Batch 1996

--
Ragib Hasan
PhD Student
Dept of Computer Science
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
201 N Goodwin Avenue
Urbana IL 61801

http://www.ragibhasan.com
http://netfiles.uiuc.edu/rhasan/www
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
What Google Brings!
post Jul 20 2006, 03:10 AM
Post #

Thanks for your support!

Quote Post
JoustinaJerard
post Jun 7 2008, 04:07 AM
Post #2

Unregistered

Hello, friends!

I'm newbie on omicronlab.com . And I realy do not know all rules about writing articles.
Tell me please if category "Please participate in Bangla wikipedia" available to talk about lifestyles?
Is it possible to download somewhere on this forum any video files?

Sincerely, me! :-)
+Quote Post
uunmatal tarunno
post Jun 13 2008, 03:50 AM
Post #3

Serious Contributor

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3,597

QUOTE(JoustinaJerard @ Jun 7 2008, 04:07 AM) *
Hello, friends!

I'm newbie on omicronlab.com . And I realy do not know all rules about writing articles.
Tell me please if category "Please participate in Bangla wikipedia" available to talk about lifestyles?
Is it possible to download somewhere on this forum any video files?

Sincerely, me! :-)

Dear JoustinaJerard,

I think you have got a wrong idea about OmicronLab Forum. This forum is mainly a support forum of Bengali writting software "Avro".

If you need some gossiping forum then please search in google using keyword "Bangla forum" and you will found a long list of forums of Bengali Speakers.

Thanks for you interest.

+Quote Post
natasha
post Aug 4 2009, 09:50 AM
Post #4

New in OmicronLab Forum

Group: +Member
Member No.: 42,730

Hello,

Thank you for calling us all friends.
Yes we should all be proud of our language and need to learn, try to do something to let the world to see what we can do........

Thank you again
Natasha victory.gif
+Quote Post
Simanto
post Jan 31 2011, 07:59 PM
Post #5

New in OmicronLab Forum

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,298

আপনাদের মধ্যে যারা বাংলা উইকির উন্নতির জন্য কাজ করতে রাজি আছেন তারা ফেইসবুকে Bangla Wiki নামক এক দলে যোগ দিতে পারেন যেখানে একতার সাথে আমরা বিভিন্ন টপিক বাংলায় অনুবাদ করবো।
+Quote Post
Kala Pahar 2000
post Feb 25 2011, 05:25 PM
Post #6

New in OmicronLab Forum

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,549

আচ্ছা, কেউ এখনো বাংলা Translator তৈরি করেনি, তাই না?
প্রাথমিকভাবে শুধু ১ লাইন অনুবাদ করা যেতে পারে। ফোনেটিক টাইপের সময় যেমন অনেকগুলো বাংলা অপশন পাওয়া যায়, তেমনি, ১ টি ইংরেজি শব্দের অনেকগুলো বাংলা অর্থ একটি ডাটাবেসে থাকবে। sentence এর auxiliary verb এর অর্থ বাংলায় প্রকাশ হবে না, বা হলেও, প্রকাশ হবে সবার শেষে। কোন ইংরেজি শব্দের বাংলা অর্থ ডাটাবেসে না থাকলে তার উচ্চারণ বাংলায় প্রকাশ হবে। শব্দের বিভিন্ন অর্থের অপশনের নতুন কম্বিনেশন প্রকাশ হবে যদি আগের বাক্যটি কারো পছন্দ না হয়।
এরপর আস্তে আস্তে আরো উন্নত করা যাবে (যেমনি আপনারা স্পেল চেকার তৈরি করেছেন)। পরে একসময় পুরো ওয়েবপেজ অনুবাদ করা যাবে, ইনশাআল্লাহ।

বুয়েট থেকে ইলেকট্রিকালে পাশ করি, পাঠ্য যতটুকু ছিল, শুধু ততটুকুই প্রোগ্রামিং জানি। কিন্তু, এতটুকু বুঝি, আপনারা কি অশেষ পরিশ্রম করেছেন। আপনারা আমার ছো্টবেলায় পড়া সেই্ সোনার ছেলে, যারা কথায় না বড় হয়ে কাজে বড় হয়েছেন। ধন্য আপনারা।

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Title Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
Bangla Font in Android 2.2 3 Muntasir Mamun 16,163 Aug 22 2012, 10:43 AM
Last post by: rashal
Need developer Bangla typing and search support in a joomla site 0 outkasst 2,534 Aug 9 2012, 09:58 PM
Last post by: outkasst
Bangla Language Packs for Forum Softwares 6 Shafin 7,882 Jul 16 2012, 11:48 PM
Last post by: Mohammed Hafiz
how i can type south ( dokkin ) in bangla 0 Ismail Ershad 1,599 May 10 2012, 10:31 PM
Last post by: Ismail Ershad
bangla font problem 1 arif shamim 2,427 May 9 2012, 08:37 AM
Last post by: wangmilong

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 03:57 AM

Page top